At Axis Chiropractic, we’re dedicated to improving the overall health and well-being of the Charleston community. That’s why we offer a broad range of innovative treatments, including ultrasound therapy with the Richmar ComboCare Unit. This non-invasive therapy utilizes ultrasound waves–the same kind used in ultrasound imaging–to provide pain relief, promote healing, and improve overall wellness.
If you’re in the Charleston area and dealing with chronic pain, poor healing or a recent injury, schedule an appointment with us to experience the benefits of ultrasound therapy.
What is Ultrasound Therapy?
Ultrasound therapy is a treatment that utilizes high-frequency sound waves to provide therapeutic benefits. The Richmar ComboCare Unit combines clinical ultrasound therapy with five electrotherapy treatment waveforms, allowing for a comprehensive and effective approach to pain management and healing.
During the treatment, a small handheld device is applied to the skin, emitting sound waves that penetrate deep into the tissues. These waves create a gentle heat that increases blood flow, relaxes muscles, and promotes tissue repair.
Benefits of Ultrasound Therapy
- Pain relief: The heat generated by the ultrasound waves helps to alleviate pain by reducing inflammation and increasing blood circulation to the affected area.
- Improved healing: Ultrasound therapy promotes tissue repair by stimulating the production of collagen, a protein that plays a crucial role in the healing process.
- Muscle relaxation: The gentle heat from the ultrasound waves helps to relax muscles, reducing muscle spasms and tension.
- Increased flexibility: By promoting blood flow and reducing muscle tightness, ultrasound therapy can improve flexibility and range of motion.
- Accelerated recovery: This therapy can help speed up the recovery process for various injuries, such as sprains, strains, and tendonitis.
What Can Ultrasound Therapy Treat?
Ultrasound therapy can be beneficial for a variety of conditions, including:
- Musculoskeletal injuries: Treats sprains, strains, tendonitis, and other soft tissue injuries by promoting healing and reducing pain.
- Arthritis: Provides relief from the pain and stiffness associated with arthritis by increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation.
- Scar tissue: Helps break down scar tissue and promote the healing of surgical scars or other types of scars.
- Muscle spasms: Relaxes muscles and reduces spasms, providing relief from muscle pain and discomfort.
Why Choose Axis Chiropractic?
At Axis Chiropractic, we are committed to providing the best in patient care to our clients in the Charleston, SC area. Our team, led by Dr. Lee Russo, is dedicated to staying at the forefront of chiropractic advancements and techniques. With the Richmar ComboCare Unit, we can offer a comprehensive approach to pain management and healing. We prioritize patient education and engagement, ensuring that you feel informed and comfortable throughout your treatment journey.
Ideal Candidates for Ultrasound Therapy
Ultrasound therapy is suitable for individuals of various ages and genders who are seeking pain relief, improved healing, and enhanced overall wellness. It can be beneficial for:
- Chronic pain
- Joint pain
- Ligament injuries
- Muscle spasms or tightness
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Scar tissue
While ultrasound therapy is generally safe and well-tolerated, there may be contraindications for certain individuals. It is best to consult with our healthcare professionals to determine if ultrasound therapy is right for you.
What to Expect from Your Ultrasound Therapy Session
During your ultrasound therapy session at Axis Chiropractic, our practitioners will first conduct a thorough analysis of your medical history, lifestyle, and specific concerns. This will help us tailor the treatment to your individual needs.
At your appointment, you will be comfortably positioned on a table, and an ultrasound gel will be applied to the treatment to reduce friction and increase penetration of the ultrasonic waves. Then, your practitioner will move the handheld device, called a transducer, in gentle, circular motions across your skin, allowing the ultrasound waves to penetrate the targeted muscles and ligaments.
The duration of each session may vary depending on your condition and treatment plan. The treatment itself is non-invasive and painless, requiring no downtime whatsoever. Our team will guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
Cost of Ultrasound Therapy in South Carolina
The cost of ultrasound therapy can vary depending on factors such as the number of sessions required and the specific treatment plan tailored to your needs. We understand that cost is an important consideration, and we strive to provide transparent pricing and flexible payment options. To get more information about the cost of ultrasound therapy and to discuss your specific needs, please contact our office.
Our Charleston, SC clinic provides a range of non-invasive treatments aimed at managing pain, promoting tissue healing and improving spinal health. They include:
- Radial Pressure Wave Therapy: A non-invasive treatment that utilizes high-energy sound waves to quicken the healing process in injured soft tissues, bones, and joints. Ideal for patients seeking prompt pain relief and restoration of mobility.
- Spinal Decompression: This motorized traction treatment can help alleviate back pain by gently stretching the spine, reducing pressure on spinal discs. Recommended for individuals with herniated discs, sciatica, or degenerative disc disease.
- TENS Therapy: Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) therapy uses low-voltage electrical currents for pain relief, reducing muscle spasms and promoting the production of natural painkillers in the body. This FDA-approved therapy can aid those with both acute or chronic pain conditions.
- Vibe Plate Vibration Therapy: This therapy uses a machine to deliver high-frequency vibrations that stimulate muscle fibers, potentially increasing strength, improving balance, and enhancing circulation. A great choice for overall wellness enhancement.
Book Your Ultrasound Therapy Consultation in Charleston, SC
If you are in Charleston, North Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Summerville or the greater Lowcountry region and seeking pain relief, improved healing, and enhanced overall wellness, book your ultrasound therapy consultation at Axis Chiropractic today. Our knowledgeable team will assess your needs and develop a personalized treatment plan to help you achieve optimal health and well-being.
We are dedicated to providing exceptional care and creating a positive impact in the Charleston area community. Contact us to schedule your appointment and take the first step towards a pain-free and healthier life.
How long does an ultrasound therapy session typically last?
A session usually lasts between 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the area being treated and the specific condition. Our practitioners will determine the appropriate duration for your treatment during your consultation.
Is ultrasound therapy painful?
No, ultrasound therapy is a non-invasive and painless treatment. You may feel a warm sensation or gentle tingling during the session, but it should not be uncomfortable.
How many sessions will I need?
The number of sessions required can vary depending on the individual and the condition being treated. Typically, a series of sessions is recommended to achieve optimal results. Our practitioners will discuss the recommended treatment plan with you during your consultation.
Can I combine ultrasound therapy with other treatments?
Absolutely! Ultrasound therapy can be safely combined with other treatment modalities for a holistic approach to your health. Depending on the nature of your injury or condition, we may recommend chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy services, or visiting a sports medicine professional in addition to your ultrasound therapy sessions to help you feel better as quickly as possible.
Is ultrasound therapy covered by insurance?
The answer depends on the specifics of your insurance plan, including the terms, the condition being treated, and whether the therapy is deemed medically necessary. While some insurance companies do cover ultrasound therapy, others may not, and some may require a referral from a doctor. It’s always best to check with your specific insurance provider to understand the details of your coverage.