Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) is a highly advanced and scientifically based chiropractic technique that emphasizes optimal posture and spinal alignment as the primary goals of chiropractic care. It can alleviate common signs and symptoms of poor posture including rounded shoulders, forward head carriage, migraines, and neck and back pain.
At Axis Chiropractic, our founder Dr. Lee Russo is certified in Chiropractic Biophysics and employs CBP Technique as part of our comprehensive approach to spinal health. If you’re in Charleston, Mount Pleasant or the surrounding area and looking to achieve good posture and better mobility, schedule an appointment today.
What is Chiropractic BioPhysics?
Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) is a comprehensive approach to spinal health that involves a combination of spinal adjustments, exercises, and other therapeutic modalities, all with the goal of correcting spinal misalignments and improving posture.
CBP is backed by science, with a research focus on defining normal/ideal spine alignment, measuring spine alignment, and evaluating the effectiveness of CBP protocols for various spinal conditions.
- Improved posture
- Pain relief
- Increased range of motion
- Better overall spinal health
- Enhanced athletic performance
How We Perform CBP Postural Correction at Axis Chiropractic
CBP involves a combination of spinal adjustments, corrective exercises, and other therapies. Therapy begins with a thorough evaluation of the spine and posture, followed by a customized treatment plan that is tailored to the patient’s unique needs.
CBP protocols may vary depending on the individual’s specific needs and condition, but generally involve the following:
- Spinal adjustments: CBP uses a variety of spinal adjustment techniques to correct spinal misalignments and improve spinal alignment. These adjustments may be performed manually or with the use of specialized equipment.
- Postural exercises: CBP incorporates a range of exercises to help improve spinal strength, flexibility, and mobility. These exercises may include stretching, resistance training, and other forms of physical therapy.
- Traction: CBP may involve the use of spinal traction to help restore the natural curves of the spine and improve spinal alignment. Traction may be performed manually or with the use of specialized equipment.
We employ three devices created and approved by the inventors of CBP Technique to achieve optimal spinal health and correct posture:
Denneroll Traction Table
The Denneroll Traction Table is a specialized chiropractic table designed to accommodate all ranges of spinal correction, decompression, flexion, extension, and rotation. This table is designed to provide optimal comfort and support for both the patient and the chiropractor. The Denneroll Traction Table applies gentle traction to the spine, helping to stretch and decompress the discs and promote proper alignment. It’s used for patients with postural issues or spinal misalignments.
Robo-Trac Decompression Table System
The Robo-Trac system applies precise and controlled adjustments to the spine while positioning the thoracic cage and pelvis. This system can be used to correct spinal misalignments, improve spinal function, and alleviate pain. It’s ideal for patients with chronic pain or spinal conditions that require precise and controlled adjustments.
Universal Traction System
The Universal Traction System uses a series of straps and pulleys to apply gentle traction to the spine, helping to stretch and decompress the discs and move them into proper alignment. It’s beneficial for patients with spinal disc injuries or conditions such as herniated discs or degenerative disc disease.
Why Choose Axis Chiropractic?
At Axis Chiropractic, you’re in expert hands with Dr. Lee Russo, who has dedicated 18 years to chiropractic practice in Georgia and South Carolina. Continually committed to providing the best care, Dr. Russo keeps abreast of cutting-edge developments in his field. In 2017, he received his General Certification in Chiropractic Biophysics in Boise, Idaho. As a provider of the most researched and published technique for promoting health through proper posture, Dr. Russo offers his patients a lifetime of optimal health. Choose Axis Chiropractic for unparalleled chiropractic expertise and commitment.
Ideal Candidates for CBP Posture Correction
CBP is suitable for individuals of various ages and genders who are seeking to improve their posture and overall spinal health. Maintaining good posture can improve anyone’s quality of life and overall well being, but this treatment is particularly beneficial for individuals who experience:
- Forward head posture
- Kyphosis (excessive rounding of the upper back)
- Lordosis (excessive curvature of the lower back)
- Scoliosis (sideways curvature of the spine)
- Poor posture due to sedentary lifestyle or occupational demands
- Chronic neck pain or back pain
What to Expect from Your CBP Session
Undergoing CBP Postural Correction involves several steps, including:
1. Initial Consultation: At your first visit, you’ll undergo a new patient consultation, medical history review, and orthopedic and neurologic exam followed by x-ray evaluation and postural analysis . Dr. Russo will evaluate your spinal health, identify imbalances, and determine if CBP is appropriate for your specific condition and health status.
2. Treatment Plan: Once the CBP practitioner has evaluated your spinal health, they will develop a personalized treatment plan based on your specific needs and condition. The treatment plan may involve a combination of spinal adjustments, manual therapy, exercises, traction, and other therapeutic modalities to achieve optimal results.
3. Treatment Sessions: CBP treatment sessions may vary in frequency and duration depending on the individual’s specific condition and treatment plan. Some patients may require daily or weekly treatments, while others may only need occasional treatments to maintain optimal spinal health.
4. Recovery and Follow-Ups: After undergoing CBP Postural Correction, patients may experience immediate relief, while others may require several weeks or months of treatment to achieve optimal results. Your practitioner will monitor your progress and adjust the treatment plan as needed to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the treatment.
Cost of CBP in South Carolina
The cost of CBP can vary depending on a range of factors, including the length of treatment, the complexity of the case, and the number of therapies involved. At Axis Chiropractic, we offer competitive pricing for our CBP services, and we work with each patient to develop a treatment plan that fits their needs and budget.
At Axis Chiropractic in Charleston, SC, we are committed to promoting spinal health and wellness. Our range of treatments is designed to provide holistic care for a variety of spinal issues, including chronic pain, injury recovery, and postural corrections.
Here are some of the nonsurgical, non-invasive services we provide:
- Accident & injury chiropractic care: We employ a variety of manipulation techniques, corrective exercises and CBP-approved technologies to treat car accident injuries, workplace injuries, sports injuries and overuse injuries of all kinds, including sprains and strains.
- Spinal decompression: This treatment is aimed at relieving back pain and associated issues such as sciatica. We gently stretch the spine using the Chattanooga Triton 6M Dynamic Traction System, a traction table that alleviates pressure on the spinal disks.
- Spinal adjustments: These treatments are manual or equipment-assisted therapies that involve manipulating the spine to realign the vertebrae, which can help to improve physical function, reduce nerve irritability, and enhance overall health.
- Denneroll orthotic devices: These pillow-like devices are used at home to help correct spinal curvature and improve posture. They apply a gentle, passive stretch to the spine in specific areas, helping to restore natural curvature and alignment.
Book Your CBP Consultation in Charleston, SC
Ready to say goodbye to bad posture and live a more aligned, pain-free life? Contact Axis Chiropractic today to schedule an appointment. Our experienced team led by Dr. Russo will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that meets your needs and helps you achieve optimal spinal wellness.
Is CBP safe?
CBP is generally considered safe when performed by a qualified practitioner. However, as with any medical treatment, there may be some risks and potential side effects. It is important to discuss any concerns with your CBP practitioner before undergoing treatment.
How long does it take to see results?
The length of time it takes to see results from CBP can vary depending on the individual’s specific condition and treatment plan. Some patients may experience immediate relief, while others may require several weeks or months of treatment to achieve optimal results.
How often do I need to receive treatments?
The frequency of appointments will depend on the individual’s specific condition and treatment plan. Some patients may require daily or weekly treatments, while others may only need occasional treatments to maintain optimal spinal health.
Is CBP covered by insurance?
CBP may be covered by some insurance plans, but coverage can vary depending on the individual’s specific plan and provider. It is important to check with your insurance provider to determine if CBP is covered under your plan.
|Primary Focus Placed on Defining Symptoms|
|Focus Placed on Uncovering the Cause of Symptoms|
|Chiropractic Joint Evaluation|
|Digital Biomechanical X-Ray Analysis|
|Radiographic Screening Anatomical Leg Length Inequality|
|Digital Posture Analysis|
|Unrushed Report of Exam Findings|
|Drugs to Mask Symptoms|
|Referral to Specialist or Surgeon|
|Personalized Warm-up Exercises|
|Chiropractic Joint Adjustment|
|Personalized Mirror Image Spinal Remodeling|
|Personalized Mirror Image Postural Adjustment|
|Personalized Mirror Image Postural Exercises|
|Home / Work / Vehicle Ergonomic Advice|
|Spinal Disc Decompression|
|Home Rehab Prescription|
|Before and After Digital Biomechanical X-Ray Analysis|
|Before and After Digital Posture Comparison|
|Personalized Maintenance Plan|